Friday, August 6, 2010

The Purpose of This Blog

First off, welcome to everyone who has bothered to venture into the world of a songwriter wannabe. I thank you for your interest and your patience in advance. I decided over the past couple of days that it might be a fun, challenging and entertaining idea to start a blog for a couple of reasons. First, I want to motivate myself to take all these ideas I have and make something of them. I have been trying hard lately to get back into playing and writing music again and with the fall and winter fast approaching, there will be more time to sink into doing just that. Second, I believe that if I blog about what I have been up to and what ideas I have, it will force me to focus on the task at hand. It's not that I don't want to write, it is that I don't make time to write.

I plan to share some music that I have written in the past as well as the music I am working on now. I know that some of the stuff I have done in the past (it was middle school/high school people) may be cheesy, silly, or downright horrible, but as with all songwriters that is part of the process. I hope to share funny stories that involve my kids (because they are the ones that suffer most when daddy is writing music since they have to listen to it), and share the moods and feelings that are coming out as I write something new. My hope is that this blog will help me discover the creativity that has been hiding inside since the days of the band in the mid-90s. So buckle up, hang on tight, and most of all enjoy the ride on the journey through the music in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment